After a number of years filled with great unknowns, loads of stress, and general exhaustion after everything that had happened, all I have for 2019 is hope. No expectations, no great plans, just hope.
Achieved in 2018
- Finish The Physician’s Apprentice.
- Regular blogging.
- Be in the moment.
- Get out more.
- Finish planning and at least start writing Book 2.
- Edit for someone.
- Make more art with pastels.
- Hike more with the family.
Ongoing goals from 2018.
- Learn to play the ukelele. I know a bunch of chords and can play about 8 songs pretty well.
- Open a shop on Etsy. The shop is open, but I’ve been terrible at updating it.
- Finish half-written projects. This didn’t go quite as well as planned. It’s not a total fail, since I finished one short story and wrote another 3/4 of the way, but still. I want to narrow this down to finish ONE additional writing project for 2019.
- Make more art for empty walls. I completed this for the house in Toronto, but now I have more walls to fill.
- Finish learning German. Totally slacked on this one till October 2018, when I took it up again. I want to reclaim my conversational status in 2019.
- Write more book reviews. Failed. The 2019 update of this goal will be to write one book review per month.
- Monthly newsletters. I didn’t send out a newsletter each month, but will rectify that in 2019.
- Learn about writing, editing, and grammar. I’ve been learning so much, and I don’t want to stop.
- Finish the Writing Emotions series. This is a soft achieved, because I technically finished this. Then, last week, I had the idea of renaming this series to Let’s Write, and adding a tonne of stuff to it. So this is a big goal for 2019.
- Let things play out as they will. MAJOR FAIL. Sigh.
- Read more books. I still read too much fanfic. 🙂
- Publish The Physician’s Apprentice.
- Name Book 2.
- Finish Book 2.
- Have Book 2 edited.
- Soft planning of Book 3. I know I don’t do well when it comes to planning, so I just want a general idea of where to go with this book by the end of the year.
- Set up an Instagram account for my Etsy store, and update this at least once a week.
- Make more art to sell, and more art in general.
- Make at least one art tutorial per month, and maybe try making progress videos or video tutorials too.
- Update the recent art box on the website’s homepage more often.
- Learn more about pixel art.
- Be more active on social media.
And that’s all I can think of right now. 🙂 I’ll do an update in June to let you know how it’s been going.
If you have any requests or ideas for blog posts, please let me know. I love hearing from you, and also really appreciate any inspiration for blog-stuff.
Until next time.